Position: RQ-7B TUAS Standardization Officer (SO)
Job Category:Aviation / Aerospace
Location: CONUS and OCONUS Locations
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Potential for Teleworking:No
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
PGT is seeking RQ-7B Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) Standardization Officer (IO) to fill Government Owned – Contractor Operated (GOCO) teams.
Duties and Responsibilities: Lead in developing and executing standardization programs in accordance with applicable references and regulations. Lead in developing and maintaining Flight Operations Procedures (FOP) in accordance with AR 95-20. Coordinates with the customer TUAS leadership and/or Government Flight Representative (GFR). Trains and evaluates other SOs, Instructor Operators (IOs), Aircraft Commanders (ACs) and Functional Check Operators (FCOs). Provides quality control for the ATP standardization program. Serves as the primary technical and tactical expert. Provides expertise on unit individual, crew, and collective training. Performs duties as Mission Coordinator, if required.
U.S. Army ground unit living and working environment:
• Willing to deploy and live with military forces to directly support high intensity simulated combat training or actual combat operations
• Able to deploy rapidly, worldwide and stay for extended periods
• Extended and changing travel and temporary duty locations
• Odd shifts, weekends, and extended hours
• Austere living and working environments both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• Subject to loud noise.
• All deployed personnel receive adequate force protection and security measures, medical treatment, Post Exchange (PX) access, billeting, mail, legal support, etc. as are afforded to other deployed military/government personnel.
• Contractor personnel will be unarmed.
30 days’ Rest and Recuperation (R&R) every 180 days. Positions can be CONUS or OCONUS.
High School graduate and five (5) years RQ-7B AC, IO, or SO experience.
• U.S. citizen
• Active Secret Clearance
• Valid U.S. passport
• FAA Class II medical certificate
• Credit rating to obtain a corporate credit card
• Pass a drug test
• Pass a criminal background check
• Graduate of approved DoD RQ-7B operator qualification course
• Experience operating, leading, and maintaining a UAS program in a tactical field environment (non-training environment).
• Experience in performing flight operations in USCENTCOM AOR in accordance with NATO/CENTCOM procedures (APG, ATO, ACO, SPINS, etc)
• Able to safely and effectively perform the duties of an SO, IO, AC without supervision
• Ability to coordinate flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management, and other aspects of flight operations.
• Graduate of the Army Instructor Operators (IO) course or completed the DES equivalency course.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ten (10) years of UAS AO, AC, IO or SO experience
• U.S. Army Military Occupational Specialty (MOS)15W qualification
• RQ-7Bv2 variant qualification
• FAA licensed private and commercial pilots with, instrument, Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) or Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) certifications
• Ability to work in small, cramped spaces.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds unassisted for short distances
• Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Required to stand; walk, sit, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Ability to pass rigorous Medical and Dental pre-deployment requirements. Specific requirements available, but generally include:
– Physical Examination
– Laboratory tests (blood and urine)
– Vision test
– Audiology (hearing) test
– Weigh less than 300 pounds
– Body Mass Index less than 40 with no other health issues or risk factors
• Ability to satisfactorily complete pre-deployment academic and hands-on training and other CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) requirements
• Ability to wear military issued Kevlar combat helmets for extended periods
• Ability to wear military issued interceptor body armor with Small Arms Protect Insert (SAPI) plates for extended periods
PGT Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.