Position: Information Architect
At PGT Solutions, we believe the greatest asset of any organization always has been and always will be its people. We understand where confident, happy individuals work, organizations thrive. If you share our vision and you’re ready to make a difference, we have an exciting opportunity for an Information Architect to join our team.
Information Architect Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Facilitate working sessions during business information elicitation/elaboration sessions. Work closely with process architects to identify data requirements for each activity in the process diagrams. Using this information, develop UML class diagrams of data needs for the business request. Once the data requirements are documented, work with government IT architects and solution designers to ensure understanding of business architecture and relationships to technical architecture.
Must also be able to compare current state information models/requirements to future state models, identifying and documenting data integration requirements between applications/systems and potential gaps in functionality.
If you are not available to begin immediately, please do not apply. If your resume does not demonstrate that you have at a minimum of 3 years of direct experience working with a UML modeling tool such as IBM Rational Software Architect, Sparx Enterprise Architect, etc. , please do not apply.
- 3 – 5 years direct UML class diagramming experience with a modeling tool such as IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA), Sparx Enterprise Architect, Embarcadero, etc.
- Business application software/database design/development experience
- Excellent documentation skills, including composing articulate implementation guides, well-formed data dictionaries and cross-document integration (referencing diagrams in Word documents)
- 3-5 years direct experience in Enterprise team modeling approaches, including source/version control and team collaboration (i.e., IBM ClearCase, Rational Team Concert, etc)
- Creating consistent information hierarchies leveraging known taxonomies and information frameworks.
- Must have experience working closely with cross-functional teams, including business data owners/stewards, business requirements analysts and technical product development staff to ensure that the final product meets or exceeds customers’ requirements.
- Understand information architecture best practices
- Must be proficient in MS Office products – PowerPoint to develop presentations, Word/Excel to develop artifacts to supplement models, SharePoint to share documentation and information, Visio to perform modeling in the interim until access to VA modeling tools are available
- Recent, within last 2-3 years, experience in the healthcare environment
- Recent experience supporting the VHA or DOD
Must have these inherent traits
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with business SMEs and other architects/analysts.
- Be detail-oriented
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to research & document relevant subjects of information that apply to industry standards surrounding the architecture
- Identify and suggest improvement opportunities in methodology for documenting and communicating business information requirements
- Act as a mentor/trainer for other modelers on the team
- Must be fully committed to team success and exceeding client expectations
- Must be able to resolve conflicts
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; maintaining professionalism at all times
Nice to Haves
- Be professionally active in health-industry work groups, such as Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Health Level 7 (HL7), Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP), International Health Terminology Standards Development Organization (IHTSDO), Data Management organization (DAMA) and (Object Management Group (OMG)
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Required travel: 25% (Preferred)
Additional Compensation: Bonuses
Work Location: Fully Remote
PGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.