Position: RQ-7B Instruction Operator (IO)
Job Category:Aviation / Aerospace
Location: CONUS and OCONUS Locations
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Potential for Teleworking:No
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
PGT is seeking RQ-7B Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) Instructor Operators (IOs) to fill Government Owned – Contractor Operated (GOCO) and New Equipment Training (NET) teams.
Duties and Responsibilities: Execute standardization program in accordance with applicable references and regulations. Assist in developing and maintaining Flight Operations Procedures (FOP) in accordance with AR 95-20. Train and evaluate Aircraft Commanders (ACs) and Aircraft Operators (AOs). Serves as a technical and tactical expert. Provides expertise on unit individual, crew, and collective training. Fill-in as an AC if required.
U.S. Army ground unit living and working environment:
• Willing to deploy and live with military forces to directly support high intensity simulated combat training or actual combat operations
• Able to deploy rapidly, worldwide and stay for extended periods
• Extended and changing travel and temporary duty locations
• Odd shifts, weekends, and extended hours
• Austere living and working environments both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• Subject to loud noise.
• All deployed personnel receive adequate force protection and security measures, medical treatment, Post Exchange (PX) access, billeting, mail, legal support, etc. as are afforded to other deployed military/government personnel.
• Contractor personnel will be unarmed.
30 days’ Rest and Recuperation (R&R) every 180 days. These positions can be located CONUS or OCONUS.
High School graduate and five (5) years RQ-7B AO, AC or IO experience.
• U.S. citizen
• Active Secret Clearance
• Valid U.S. passport
• FAA Class II medical certificate
• Credit rating to obtain a corporate credit card
• Pass a drug test
• Pass a criminal background check
• Graduate of approved DoD RQ-7B operator qualification course
• Certifications IAW with AR 95-23.
• Experience operating, leading, and maintaining a UAS program in a tactical field environment (non-training environment).
• Experience in performing flight operations in USCENTCOM AOR in accordance with NATO/CENTCOM procedures (APG, ATO, ACO, SPINS, etc)
• Able to safely and effectively perform the duties of an IO, AC without supervision
• Ability to coordinate flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management, and other aspects of flight operations.
• Graduate of the Army Instructor Operators (IO) course or have completed the DES equivalency course.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Five (5) years of RQ-7B IO experience
• U.S. Army Military Occupational Specialty (MOS)15W qualification
• RQ-7Bv2 variant qualification
• FAA licensed private and commercial pilots with, instrument, Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) or Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) certifications
• Ability to work in small, cramped spaces.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds unassisted for short distances
• Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Required to stand; walk, sit, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Ability to pass rigorous Medical and Dental pre-deployment requirements. Specific requirements available, but generally include:
– Physical Examination
– Laboratory tests (blood and urine)
– Vision test
– Audiology (hearing) test
– Weigh less the 300 pounds
– Body Mass Index less than 40 with no other health issues or risk factors
• Ability to satisfactorily complete pre-deployment academic and hands-on training and other CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) requirements
• Ability to wear military issued Kevlar combat helmets for extended periods
• Ability to wear military issued interceptor body armor with Small Arms Protect Insert (SAPI) plates for extended periods
PGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.